Coconut French Toast
Unless you are in a flying rush in the morning, this is well worth it. Also see the recipe for Coconut Bread.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
< Back to recipes
- Whisk the eggs very well and place in a flat bowl.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter to a medium heat.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for a few second on either side, so that the egg is sucked into the bread.
- Fry the bread until golden on both sides.
- To make the coulis/compote, place the berries in a pan with the xylitol and bring to simmer (the berries should release their own liquid – no need to add water). For a compote, leave the berries whole. For a coulis, simply puree the mixture using a food processor or a stick blender.
- Serve the French toast with the coulis, almonds and yoghurt
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.