INTRODUCTION TO BANTING
Banting / Keto is a low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, healthy fat diet designed to burn your stored body as fuel so that you lose weight fast while transforming your health.
Banting and/or Keto have been scientifically proven to reverse many symptoms relating to the metabolic syndrome including Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension and obesity and other chronic illnesses.
Banting is fasted route to REAL HEALTH.
REAL HEALTH in 50 words:
Eat vegetables, meat, nuts, seeds, little fruit and minimal starch. Eat real fats. Avoid sugar, grains, seed oils and processed food. Taste new dishes. Protect your gut. Eat when hungry. Drink when thirsty. Fast occasionally. Sleep well. Exercise. Relax. Socialise. Listen to your body. Escape routine. Seek adventure. Keep improving.
To simplify low-carb even more, we developed the Banting Food Lists. These lists are the cornerstone of Banting and Keto at Real Meal Revolution and are essentially the entire Keto or Banting diet on one page.
Who should do the Banting Diet?
Real Meal Revolution has helped people in 172 countries adopt The Banting Diet. Among the daily testimonials we receive, our members regularly, report remarkable weight loss (anything between 5kg and 124kg), coming off all diabetes medication, completely curing IBS, normalised blood pressure (and coming off medication), reduction in skin irritations and acne, reversal of all symptoms of PCOS and an absence of heartburn and reflux.
Some members have also reported improvements in their control of epilepsy, migraines, depression and ADHD.
If you suffer from and wish to improve any of the symptoms that our members have improved through the Banting Diet, you would benefit immediately from joining Real Meal Revolution (if you are on medication, please consult your doctor before).
Here’s that list again – anyone who wants to:
- Lose weight
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Gain control of their blood sugar with Type 1 Diabetes
- Cure their IBS
- Normalise blood pressure
- Reduce skin irritations
- Reduce acne
- Reverse the symptoms of PCOS
- Cure their heartburn and reflux
Who should think twice before doing the Banting Diet?
- Breastfeeding – ultra strict Banting is not advised for breastfeeding mothers. It can limit the production of breast milk and has also shown in limited studies to lead to ketoacidosis. We recommend a higher carb intake, but best see your dietitian or doctor for advice on that, or speak to our support team about booking an appointment with our dietitian.
- On diabetes or blood pressure medication – Banting is the best thing you can ever do if you are diabetic or have high blood pressure. But because it works so well, your medication can begin having a negative effect on you very soon after you start, which can lead to low blood pressure and other complications. Best do this in coordination with your doctor.
How to start Banting immediately
Step 1 – Download the Banting Food Lists.
Step 2 – Enjoy a free year of daily emails from me, Jonno Proudfoot, about Keto and Banting!