Originally a breakfast for kings, Kedgeree stems from a mishmash of Indian and colonial English origin. We prefer calling it a breakfast of champions.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
< Back to recipes
- Place the fish and the bay leaves in a shallow pan and add enough water just to cover it. Bring the pan up to the simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the fish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the onions until soft and golden. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the curry powder and mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomato and lemon juice and simmer the sauce for a few minute.
- While the sauce is cooking, flake the fish.
- Finally stir in the fish, cauli-rice, chilli and coriander and warm through.
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Garnish with the eggs and serve.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.