Banting Toad in the Hole
Toad in the Hole is a traditional British dish, but this has been adapted for banting and will make for a filling breakfast.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Halve the rosa tomatoes and place them on a baking tray with salt and pepper. Bake them for 15 minutes in the oven until they are slightly roasted.
- Melt a little butter in a pan and gently fry the spinach until it is soft. Remove from the pan and squeeze out and any excess liquid.
- Melt a little more butter in the pan and fry the pork sausage over a medium heat until nicely browned on either side.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, sage, parsley and a good douse of salt and pepper.
- Grease an ovenproof dish well and arrange the sausages, spinach and roasted tomatoes at the bottom. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes to 25 minutes until it is golden and no longer runny.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.