Bacon and Egg Cups
This is the kind of thing you can whip together on a Sunday night and simply warm first thing before breakie for the rest of the week. If the price of parmesan is a bit steep, feel free to add in cheddar or whatever cheese you like.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Grease two cups of a large muffin pan (or use ramekins) with a little melted butter.
- Lay the bacon strips in the cups (or ramekins), overlapping so that there are no holes in the cup. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to "set" the cup.
- Take them out, sprinkle them with cheese before cracking the egg into the cup. Fold the ends of the bacon over the yolk of the egg.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and remove from the ramekins, using a paring knife or palette knife.
- This is delicious served with a little salad of rocket leaves, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. In this shot, we’ve garnished them with a little dollop of cream cheese.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.