18 Sep Nigella Lawson’s Poached Salmon Salad
Posted at 07:16h in All, Demonstrations
We spotted Nigella rocking a totally green listed Poached Salmon Salad recipe on BBC. Watch how she does it and get the recipe below.
2 x 180g portions of sock-eye salmon (or Trout in SA)
2 huge spring onions cut in half
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
1 whole lime
1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
250g fresh watercress
A sprinkle of apple cider vinegar
1 ripe avocado
- Place the fish portions in a deep heavy-based frying pan, skin side down.
- Add the peppercorns, and enough cold water to just leave the top of the fish portions exposed to the air.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime and add a solid pinch of salt (maybe a teaspoon).
- Bring the pan to a simmer or bubble and immediately turn the heat off.
- Flip the fish portions and set the pan aside.
- Pop the pumpkin seeds into a dry pan and let them cook on a medium heat until they pop, squeak and go a little bit brown before popping them into a pan to cool.
- Now, remove the skin from the salmon and place them on a plate to cool.
- Now make your salad – spread the watercress out in a bowl.
- Scoop curls of avocado straight out of the skins onto the cress.
- Then flake the fish into the bowl followed by the pumpkin seeds
- Finally give the whole salad a glug of extra virgin olive oil and a crack of salt and black pepper
Jonno’s tip: If you go easy on the salt, that cooking liquor will make the beginnings of a fantastic broth.
Want more recipes like this? We add five new recipes to our program every week.