Roast leg of lamb with mint sauce
There isn't much that can beat a succulent leg of lamb cooked on the bone. Impress your friends and family with this delicious recipe.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a small knife, puncture a few holes in the lamb (make sure to do it on the top and the bottom) and stuff them with the peeled cloves of garlic and some pieces of rosemary. Rub the lamb well with the butter and lemon zest. Season the meat all over with lots of salt and pepper.
- Place the onions in a roasting tray and top with the leg of lamb, fat side up. Roast the lamb in the oven for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and cover it with tin foil. Leave it to stand for 15 minutes to rest.
- To make the sauce; warm the ingredient in a small pot until the xylitol has dissolved. Serve with the sliced lamb.
- Serve the lamb with an assortment of vegetables and almond “cauli-couscous”.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.