Spicy Bacon Nuts
It's starting to smell a lot like Christmas with all these aromatic spices wafting around the kitchen. The combination of salty, smoky, spicy and creamy is a real winner.
Preparation time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
< Back to recipes
- Grill the bacon in a greased oven tray until crispy
- Remove from the fat and cut the rashers into small lardons. Reserve the fat for the next step
- Toast the nuts in a large, heavy-based dry pan until they go golden
- Add the bacon fat and butter and cook until the nuts begin to darken
- Add the spices and fry them in the butter until they become fragrant
- Now add a few drops of water and the bacon and toss everything together
- Tip the nuts back onto an oven tray lined with paper towel and pop them back in oven for another 5 minutes at 160°C to dry out properly
- Cool and store in an airtight container
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.