Sage and Blue Cheese Roasted Squash
While gem squash is not a particulary nutritious vegetable, adding a little blue cheese and some butter certainly gives it a little more excitement. This is gem squash at it's most decadent.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 - 7 mins
< Back to recipes
- Steam or boil the squash until it is soft and tender (approx. 5 - 7 minutes).
- Remove from the water and place in a tray.
- Crumble an equal amount of blue cheese over each squash half.
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently fry the sage until it goes golden.
- Spoon the butter over each squash half and pop under the grill until the cheese is dark brown.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.