Kiddies “Crustless” Quiches
Serve these quiches with some chunky veg or a quick salad and you have lunch in a flash. Any extras will be great in a lunchbox the next day. This is a clever way to use up cooked leftovers from the night before; we’ve used ham and cheese here, but feel free to try your own flavours.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the ham and remove the pan from the stove.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and cream with a little salt and pepper.
- Grease a large 12-cup muffin pan.
- Spoon the onion-and-ham mixture into the bases of the muffin pan and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg-and-cream mixture into each muffin cup until it is about 1mm from the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the egg mixture is set and the top is golden. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from the tin.
- Serve hot or cold.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.