Chicken Espetada with Warm Pesto Veggies
Espetada roughly translated from Portuguese means "skewered", also commonly referred to as a kebab. Kebab means many different things in different parts of the world so for safety sake, if you don’t feel like saying ES-PE-TA-DA, you could always just say 'skewer'.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Gently melt the butter and the coconut oil together.
- Place the vegetables on an oven tray and drizzle with the melted butter and coconut oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes until they are soft and golden. Remove from the oven and toss the pesto through while the vegetables are hot.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the chicken skewers. In a bowl, toss the chicken pieces in the herbs and dried garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Make the skewers with the chicken.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken kebabs until they are golden all over. Place them on a baking tray and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the roasted vegetables on the rocket or spinach on a plate. Top with the chicken skewer and drizzle in a little olive oil.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.