A deliciously creamy chilled festive drink to help you ease into the swing of things
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes + cooling and fridge time
< Back to recipes
- In a saucepan bring cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla pod and seeds to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and allow spices to infuse.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the xylitol until pale and creamy.
- Add beaten egg yolks to cream mixture, mix well and return to the heat. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir continuously for 3 minutes, or until thick.
- Add the brandy and mix again (if using).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain to remove the spices. Let cool for about an hour.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the cream mixture until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve in chilled glasses with a dusting of grated nutmeg.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.