Thai Red Chicken Curry
Feel free to vary the amount of red curry paste according to how hot you want the dish. If you prefer a more mild flavour, rather start off with a small amount and add according to taste.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the aubergine on a roasting tray. Melt 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and drizzle over the aubergine. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and soft.
- Heat a deep frying pan with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and sear the chicken so it is nicely browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil and fry the curry paste for a minute until it just starts to get fragrant. Add the ginger and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken stock, coconut milk, coconut cream, lime leaves and lemongrass and leave the curry to simmer for 10 minutes until it starts to thicken. This may take a little longer, depending on the heat of your stove. You want the sauce to be the thickness of cold coconut cream.
- Add the chicken, aubergines and sugar snaps, and leave it to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Take the curry off the heat and stir in the herbs, fish sauce, xylitol and fresh lime juice. If you would like to add a little more salt, add some more fish sauce.
- Serve with caulirice.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.