Your stove is about to become a human power station. The unique combination of rooibos, antioxidants, creamy butter, coconut oil and spicy deliciousness will flick your switch into supercharge.
If you prefer to save yourself the trouble of a sauce pan and pestle and mortar, some fancy-pants supermarkets now stock their own rooibos chai teabags. If you’re on the run, simply brew some rooibos chai with the tea bag, and blitz in 40g of butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Easy game.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
< Back to recipes
- Pour the water into a pot and get on the heat
- Gently crack the cardamom, cloves and peppercorns and fennel in a pestle and mortar and add them to the water
- Now add the teabags, the cinnamon and the fresh ginger
- Bring the water to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes and then keep warm for another five minutes while the flavours infuse
- Pour the tea through a sieve into a mixing bowl or bucket
- Add in the butter and the coconut oil and blitz with a stick blender
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.