Parmesan and Walnut Crusted Tomatoes
This is a great veggie option for those who can’t handle eating rich meat every morning. It’s packed with heaps of goodness.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to its maximum temperature (you could also use the grill).
- Stab the meat of the tomatoes repeatedly until some of it starts to loosen.
- Place them on a tray and squeeze a quarter of the butter down onto each one.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop them into the oven for 10 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, mix the pesto/basil, the nuts and the cheese together.
- When the tomatoes are done, pour the juice from the tray into the crust mixture and mix.
- Pack the crust mixture on top of each tomato and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes are so. They should go a beautiful golden brown.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.