Kassler Chops with Bubble and Squeak
Kassler Chops are smoked pork chops and are a traditional German cuisine.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
< Back to recipes
- For the chops: Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the chops until they are golden on both side. This should take about 5 minutes each side.
- While the chops are frying, melt the butter in another pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the cabbage and cauliflower, and cook for five to eight minutes until the cabbage has wilted and the cauliflower is tender. Season well with salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, pour the cream into a heavy based pot and bring to the simmer. Simmer on a medium to high heat until the cream has reduced by half (the colour changes slightly and the cream becomes thick).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustards with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve the chops with the bubble and squeak and the mustard sauce poured over them.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.