Cabhetti is one of those things you can serve with just about any of your favourite pasta sauces. Our personal favourite is Cabhetti Carbonara, but this one is a bit more punchy. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 MINS
Cooking time: 1 HOUR
< Back to recipes
- In a medium sized pot, add 40g of butter and fry the bacon until it is crispy.
- Add the onion, celery, leek and garlic and gently fry until they soften.
- Crank up the heat and add the mince. Using a spatula, stir the mince so that it doesn’t cook into meatballs. Fry the mince until it is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock, whole peeled tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf and red wine and let the sauce simmer for about 45 minutes. The liquid needs to reduce and the bolognaise needs to thicken.
- When it is cooked, season with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- In a big pan, heat another 40g of butter and fry the cabbage until it is soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve the bolognaise sauce on the cabbage with loads of grated parmesan.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.