Beef Goulash Soup
This hearty dish is popular in Austria and Hungary, and is great for lunch or dinner.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Serves: 3 - 4
< Back to recipes
- In a pot sauté the onions, carrot, celery, mushroom and red pepper in the butter until soft and beginning to colour.
- Add the garlic, cumin and cinnamon and sauté until the mixture becomes aromatic.
- Add the beef mince and fry until browned. Make sure to stir it well while it is cooking so that no meaty lumps form.
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika, thyme, tomato paste and bay leaves and gently fry for a minute,
- Add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt and chopped parsley.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.