Baked Eggs with Haddock, Cheddar and Spinach
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat and this is a great way to start the day.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
< Back to recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease four large ramekins, enamel cups or ovenproof bowls with a generous amount of butter.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter and fry the spinach until it is wilted. Take off the heat and squeeze out any extra juice from the spinach.
- Divide the spinach and haddock between the ramekins and break two eggs into each one. Top the eggs with a tablespoon of cream, a pinch of nutmeg and some grated cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the oven, just until the eggs are cooked and they are golden on top. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon.
Email me this recipe as a useful, printable PDF document.